Monday, November 8, 2010

I am my Mother's Child.....

I have been seeing on some of my friend's post that they have been getting really good deals using weekly sale ads and coupons. So, I decided to give it a try - and all I can say, is it is worth it! My Mom has been doing this for years, I remember as a child getting so irritated with her when she would go to the store with her coupons and sale ad- but I totally get it now! Why pay full price if you don't have too?

With my first week of bargain shopping I went to Walgreens (they have a great Sunday ad) with my flyer and coupons. For my first week of shopping I got, 3 32-load bottles of Purex laundry detergent (not my favorite brand, but for towels, sheets, etc, why not at 1.99/bottle); 3 boxes kleenex, 3 boxes margarine, 1 bottle Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner, 1 bag sugar, 1 bag flour, 1 bottle Karo syrup, 1 can baking soda. All for.......


$19.85!!!

With my coupons and their sale item coupons, I saved a total of $24.34! It was a great opportunity to stock up on some baking items for the upcoming Holidays! I am just so excited - I will be doing this every week! It is well worth the time and effort!




1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I am so proud of your deals!!! I need to sign up for the weekend paper again, I just keep forgetting to call:( If you ever have any Pampers coupons that you don't use I would love them!

    ReplyDelete