Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Goodies

The first day of Christmas break, we took full advantage and loaded up and headed to Joplin and Neosho for some Christmas goodies! Our first stop was in Neosho to pick up Mimi and Nana and then we were off to Joplin to visit the Candy House! One of my favorite holiday memories as a child was going to the Candy House with my Grandma and looking at all the wonderful handmade chocolates and candy - and of course she would load up on treats for everyone while we were there. I hope to make this trip an annual tradition with my boys - it was special to me and my brother gowing up and even more special now that my Grandma is no longer with us, I know that she would love that I am passing this tradition down to my boys.

Our boys have huge sweet toothes! Not sure where that came from (from me) but they love them some chocolate and candy! So this trip was right up their alley!


They have windows over looking where they make all their candies - Lance enjoyed watching them. The day we were there they were making chocolate suckers - yummm!

Grayson loving all the candy that was surrounding him!
Picking out goodies with Nana

Enjoying their treats in the car!




After we finished up at the Candy House, we headed back to Neosho. Our good friend Gabby came over to make cookies with Mimi and the boys joined in on the fun. Gabby has been coming over to my parents house every year since she was 2 to make Christmas cookies - I know my Mom enjoys this tradition each year and was excited to get the boys in on the fun too.


Gabby working hard deocorating her cookies

Lookin good!


Lance with some of his cookies

Mimi and her buddy's

(Lucy - the dog - trying to sneak in a bite)

Grayson wasn't into making cookies as much,
this is what he did while we baked cookies.


Gabby and Lance assigned themselves to dish washing duty - works for me!


The next day, we made cookies at our house for Santa. Lance, once again, was excited to make cookies! He and Grayson were my little helpers - they started off by un-wrapping the kisses for the cookies.






The goodies are definately one of our favorite things about Christmas - we have a lot of fun making some fun memories!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Sue would definitely love that you are continuing her tradition with your boys!

    ReplyDelete